Accident & Emergency X-ray
12 category “A” ASRT credits
Gives a combination of insights into the legal, medical and patients’ points of view regarding how x-rays are taken, regulated, interpreted and misinterpreted in the context of accident and emergency departments. This textbook emphasizes the importance of knowing about normal anatomy and normal variations, and of the enormous scope for error.
Includes textbook, post-test materials & CEC certificate upon completion with a passing score
Anatomy & Physiology for Health Professionals
10 category “A” ASRT credits.
This text provides all of the basic information on anatomy & physiology for entry level techs. To the point content is augmented with basic line diagrams. More pathology information and relevant references to complementary therapies are provided where possible.
10 category “A” ASRT units
Anatomy Coloring Book
22 category “A” ASRT credits
This course provides a light, visual approach to the study of anatomy. Presents complete, detailed drawings and cross-sections of every system in the body, each labeled to the highest degree of accuracy and detail possible. Organized according to body systems, each of the 170 plates featured in this book includes an ingenious color-key system anatomical terminology is linked to detail illustration of the structures of the body.
Includes textbook, post-test materials & CEC certificate upon completion with a passing score.
Digital Radiography—Self Learning
14 category “A” ASRT continuing education credits.
Meets the 4 required continuing education credits needed for XT permits & RT certification renewal. Digital radiography as expected has taken over from film-screen radiography in the medical imaging world.
This book will help make complex concepts easier to understand with graphs and charts.
Improve Your Skills In Chest Radiography
3.5 category “A” ASRT credits
This book contains a variety of plain chest x-ray films to test your approach to the most frequently requested exam by clinicians. Some of the the cases are simple x-ray abnormalities; others are more complicated with multiple pathologies and less than perfect technical quality factors.
Includes textbook, post-test materials & CE certification upon completion with a passing score.
Radiation Protection in Medical Radiography
17.5 category “A” ASRT credits
The latest information on radiation protection and the biological effects of ionizing radiation to ensure it is used safely. Offering more than 200 illustrations, the book clarifies concepts with high quality radio graphs and superb full-color drawings. It discusses radiation physics, cell structure, effects of radiation on humans at the cellular levels. The latest standards for radiation safety are discussed.
Includes textbook Radiation Protection in Medical Radiography 7th ed. Elsevier Books, post-test materials & CEC certificate upon completion with a passing score.
20-hour California State Approved Course includes 19.5 Category “A” ASRT continuing education units. Course every other month on two consecutive Saturdays.
* This course is approved by the Radiological Health Branch of California for 20-hours of digital training for X-ray Technicians.
* It is also approved for 19.5 hour of category “A” continuing education by the American Society of Radiologic Technologists (ASRT).
* All classes are at Modern Technology School in Fountain Valley, CA. All students must be preregistered.
* Course Fee: $375 which includes course manual, ASRT continuing education cert.
* Times are as follows: Two consecutive Saturdays from 8:00 am to 6:30 pm to total 20 hours. Lunch break included. This course meets the requirement for X-ray Technicians who need to upgrade their permits in order to perform digital radiography.
* R T’s and Physicians are also welcome to gain understanding of the topic of digital radiography and to obtain C E’s. Hands on LAB.
* Once hours are completed, each person will be given an application to send to the RHB to upgrade of their permit.
* REFUND POLICY: You may cancel up to 7 days prior to initial class start fro a full refund. No refunds will be issued for last minute cancels or “no-shows”. No make-up classes for missed class. No refunds issued 5 days prior to class start.
PLEASE CALL TO PRE-REGISTER
Hotels near the Campus
This 4-hour course is designated for health care personnel in need of BLS/CPR renewal certification.
Must have an prior BLS/CRP card at the time of class
CALL to sign up