Diagnostic Medical Ultrasound / Vascular Technology
Watch the video above! We recently got the opportunity to conduct a 1-on-1 interview with our Ultrasound Program Director, Lani Coates RDMS, RVT. Lani is a Registered Diagnostic Medical Sonographer (RDMS)—Ob/Gyn, a Registered Vascular Technologist—(RVT), Member of Society of Medical Diagnostic Sonographers (SDMS) and has 17+ yrs. scanning experience.
Ultrasound / Vascular Techs create the images that doctors and physicians depend on, in order to help diagnose a patient’s condition. Ultrasound is an exciting career in Diagnostic Healthcare and Modern Technology School offers one of the finest Diagnostic Medical Ultrasound / Vascular Technology programs in Southern California. Our Ultrasound Program offers hands-on ultrasound/sonography training in real-life labs, coupled with small class sizes. Our ultrasound instructors work with students in order to help them create the perfect image using the latest sonography equipment and succeed in the field. We also offer over 1,000 hours of clinical internship in our ultrasound class, which means you’ll be spending time in an actual clinic, alongside experienced ultrasound technicians and a clinical team, with real patients.
Why Choose Modern Technology School?
Modern Technology School wants to provide students with didactic, laboratory and clinical training needed to meet entry-level positions and the ability to perform Ultrasound/Vascular procedures.
- Daytime Classes Available
- Smaller Classes Mean More Personalized Attention To Help You Learn Faster
- Financial Aid Available To Those Who Qualify
- Eligibility To Take The Sonography Principles And Instrumentation (SPI) Examination
What Do Ultrasound / Vascular Technicians Do?
- Question patients on medical history and prepare them for procedures
- Prepare and operate with the equipment
- Preparing patients for the ultrasound exam and explaining the procedure
- Gathering patient histories
- Using ultrasound equipment to scan the area of the body that is under examination
- Analyzing ultrasound data
- Operate the machine to take images of the patient.
- Evaluation of findings and diagnostic information
- Maintain detailed records of patients and their progress
- Archive ultrasound images on a computer
- Provide a summary of the findings to the physician
Where Does an Ultrasound / Vascular Technician Work?
- Medical Centers
- Imaging Centers
- Ob/Gyn Offices
- Ultrasound Registry
Financial Aid Information
Financial Aid is the money you receive from a variety of sources to help cover the total cost of education. Regardless of income, most people are eligible for some kind of financial aid. Modern Technology School does distribute Title IV aid to eligible students
For Full Program’s Details
Testimonials from Our Graduates Working in the Field
– Lucille Palomino, a working Modern Technology School Student / Graduate