Take an Ultrasound Class in Orange County: Become an Ultrasound Technologist
Interested in a career in sonography and ultrasound? Take an ultrasound class in Orange County and become a Diagnostic Medical Ultrasound/Vascular Technologist in just 18 months! We know that there are a lot of options when it comes to choosing the best ultrasound school in your area. That said, we’ve been here since 1981 and know both what our sonography students deserve, as well as what the career market demands.
There’s a ton of value packed into our 18-month ultrasound class in Orange County. We’ve taken all of the common pitfalls other ultrasound schools make and delivered a solid ultrasound/vascular curriculum that can help you become an ultrasound tech in California. Let’s explore some of the basics of what an ultrasound technologist does in California. We’ll also take a look at where they work, and how to choose the best ultrasound school for your needs!
Where Do Ultrasound Technologists Work?
Most ultrasound technologists in California work in the following places:
- Large Hospitals
- Medical Centers
- Imaging Facilities
- OB/GYN Offices
- Ultrasound Registries
Of course, there are many other places where you may find work as an Ultrasound/Vascular Technologist in California. Furthermore, ultrasound and sonography careers give many people the opportunity to choose where they want to work. Many ultrasound techs love that they can choose which shifts/hours they’ll take, allowing them to tailor their work schedules a little better. If this is a big deciding factor for you, talk to your admissions rep about it when discussing their ultrasound class in Orange County.
*Because no school can guarantee employment as part of your education, keep in mind that your mileage may vary. However, these are just some of the benefits our ultrasound students mention are important to them.
What Do Ultrasound/Vascular Technologists Do
Remember that each work day and actual work site/hospital will differ. That said, we wanted to provide a quick snapshot of what ultrasound/vascular technologists do while at work:
- Prep & operate the sonography/ultrasound machines and equipment
- Keep their stations clean and sanitary by Health Code Standards
- Meet with patients and gather their medical histories
- Prepare patients for ultrasound procedures; furthermore, explaining the procedure
- Creating the image by scanning the area of the body where the ailment is originating from
- Analyzing and safeguarding the ultrasound data for the physician
- Take full evaluation of the diagnostic images and report provide them to the doctor
- Keep patient records, maintain record of their patient’s progress
- Image archiving, by HIPAA standards
- Meet with physician and discuss what the findings are
Remember that the ultimate goal of the ultrasound/vascular technologist is to create a clear image. We use the word “create” because you’ll need to actually be using the sonography equipment to visually create an image in order for the physician to make a good diagnosis.
Because of this, it will all come down to which ultrasound class in Orange County you choose. Ultimately, you’ll want to choose an ultrasound program that’s right for your needs. However, remember to also pick a program that offers all the fix-ins and the biggest value for your tuition.
What Should I Look for in an Ultrasound Class in Orange County?
We meet with students 5 days a week and get a ton of questions. We love answering them and because we’re a smaller Healthcare school, we’re able to go into details with each student. For instance, did you know that not every ultrasound class in Orange Count is created alike? Let’s take a look at some of the factors that make up the best ultrasound programs here in Southern California:
- If you’re thinking of taking and ultrasound class in Orange County, consider taking one with built-in pre-requisites
- Look for an ultrasound class at an accredited healthcare school
- Find an ultrasound school that offers clinical internship; furthermore, ask them why that’s important!
- Remember, the more clinical internship hours, the better — you want as much training as possible to help you create the image for physicians!
- Can you dedicate the next 18 months of your life to your sonography training? We think 18 months is fast, considering you’re diving into a brand new career in Healthcare!
- How much is tuition for the ultrasound class in Orange County?
- What about financial aid, does the ultrasound school offer it to students who qualify?
- If you’re a US Veteran, can you use the GI Bill to attend the Diagnostic Healthcare school?
- Is there job placement assistance available? Moreover, what do they help students with?
- Are books, scrubs and parking included in the cost of the sonography school’s tuition?
- Do they train their ultrasound students hands-on in small class sizes?
Modern Technology School’s Diagnostic Medical Ultrasound/Vascular Technology program is the best Ultrasound Class in Orange County
If everything we mention in the bullet-points above make sense to you, that’s because they should be important to all students. We’ve spent the last 37 years crafting our Orange County Ultrasound/Vascular Technology Program curriculum. Not only can you complete the program in just 18 months, but we offer a staggering 1,000+ hours of ultrasound clinical internship to our students! Because our Orange County Healthcare school is ACCSC accredited, we’re held to a high standard for sonography education.
Small class sizes are what we’re all about, right alongside the hands-on ultrasound training! Furthermore, our faculty & instructors take an active approach to helping students discover how to create and manipulate the image. This means that once you’re in your clinical internship, working with live patients, you’re able to demonstrate your skills and showcase your talent.
Give us a call and talk to us about what separates us from other any other ultrasound class in Orange County. Our Admissions Advisor is friendly, helpful, and loves to answer questions! If you want to become an ultrasound/vascular technologist in California, we should be your first stop.