Become an X-ray Technician: Modern Technology School is the Best Value
Because we meet so many students who want to become an X-ray Technician in California each year, we hear all the stories. From their experiences at other X-ray Tech schools to what challenges they’ve encountered before finding us. Furthermore, we’ve been here since 1981, so we’ve had our fair share of growth, adjustments and ensuring we’re keeping up with the latest from the industry, our students’ needs, as well as the State, and licensing bodies.
We wanted to put together a short article that highlights the features of our X-ray Technician program. Moreover, if you want to become an X-ray Technician, we wanted to educate you on some of the subtle program-to-program differences here in California. We hope this article empowers you — and whether we’re a good match for each other or not — we hope you’re able to take these notes and run with them towards a new career in Diagnostic Healthcare.
Let’s begin by reviewing some of the common features you should look for at any X-ray Technician School. We’ll then proceed to walk through the details — some of which often get lost in an X-ray Tech School’s marketing or fast admissions process.
Become an X-ray Technician in California: The Basic Fundamentals
Let’s explore some of the basic fundamentals of a good X-ray Technician program in California. Together we’ll take a look what you should expect from an X-ray Tech school in California. Furthermore, we’ll examine how schools may differ, and which key factors to look for when enrolling. That said, it’s important to take some notes, and to take the notes with you when interviewing with X-ray Technician schools in your area.
If you want to become an X-ray Technician, you’ll also have to be
X-ray Technician School Standards – Look for Schools Offering These Basic Features in Their X-ray Tech Program
- Find an Accredited X-ray Technician School. Accredited schools have to undergo regular audits. Everything from their program, textbooks and curriculum to facilities, faculty and equipment are regularly reviewed
- If you want to become an X-ray Technician in California, you’ll also have to be a good Medical Assistant. California Healthcare employers are looking for a hybrid of XT/MA. Therefore it’s important to find a school that will cross-train you as medical assistant as part of its X-ray Technician program
- Look for an all-inclusive X-ray Technician school in your area. The meaning behind all-inclusive can vary from school to school. However, it generally means that you’ll receive more value for your tuition. For instance, some will offer more hours of clinical internship. Others may include more value-added perks such as textbooks, scrubs, or pay for the cost of your first State Exams
- Find out how long it takes to complete they X-ray Tech program and become an X-ray Technician in California. It’s important to make sure the time you spend training and in clinical internship align with your goals
- Ask about the cost of tuition. Some larger schools rely on a heavy flow of students and high tuitions in order to pay for overhead. You may also be eligible for Financial Aid, so find out if the school offers it
- One very important thing to consider if you want to become an X-ray Technician, is Clinical Internship. Make sure that the X-ray Technician school you enroll in offers built-in internship
Becoming an X-ray Technician in California – Beyond the Basics:
While the bullet-points above do a good job of outlining the basics of where to begin your search, there’s more to look out for. Keep in mind that small things matter when it comes to your X-ray Technician education. For instance, do you want to attend a school that teaches hands-on, or one where you’re strictly learning to become an X-ray Technician through online classes, or straight out of the books?
What about the X-ray Technician school’s philosophy when it comes to enrollment? Do you want a school that packs in as many students as possible, or are you someone who likes to learn in small groups. Well these are things we’ve paid much attention to over the last 35+ years at Modern Technology School. We’ve learned that students have a better shot at success when learning hands-on in small class sizes. The benefits are simple. You get more time to use the x-ray equipment because there’s less student competition. You’re also able to ask questions and have your instructor walk you through them, hands-on.
What about other things like having your first CA State Exams paid for, and not worrying about the cost of parking? Many schools don’t offer these kinds of benefits. You’re often forced to pay for textbooks and scrubs separately as well.
Want to Become an X-ray Technician? Modern Technology School Offers the Biggest Value for Students
Let’s explore why Modern Technology School is the best place to learn to become an X-ray Technician in California. For starters, not only is the value there as far as tuition costs, but the length of our all-inclusive Orange County X-ray Technician / Medical Assistant program is only 12-months long!
- Clinical Internship is included in the cost of the program — we find your internship site!
- You receive Medical Assistant cross-training, which is vital for X-ray Technicians in California
- You will not pay extra for parking, scrubs, or expensive textbooks — they’re all included!
- We pay for your first CA State Exams for Medical Assisting and X-ray Tech
- We work in small class sizes and our X-ray Technicians receive hands-on training
- Our faculty has over 150 years of X-Ray, Radiology, Sonography, Medical Assisting, Clinical and Education experience
- We proctor our Medical Assisting exam onsite, and keep students focused with online review of lesson plans and modules in order to help keep you prepared
- There’s in-house Job Placement Assistance. We help students with everything from custom cover letters & resumes to employer and Healthcare network meet & greets on campus
- Need evening X-ray Technician classes? Yup. We offer those too!
- Are you a current Medical Assistant who wants to transition into becoming an X-ray Technician? We can help, and offer an X-ray Only program, which is tailored just for your needs!
- We accept the GI Bill from our beloved US Vets and also offer Financial Aid to those who qualify!
There’s Never Been a Better Time to Become an X-ray Technician in California
We’ve mentioned this before, but take a look around. There has been a huge upswing in the amount of place where X-ray Technicians find work, here in Southern California. From urgent cares, to orthopedic offices, small clinics, corporate healthcare centers, sports medicine clinics and independent imaging centers — California Healthcare providers are looking for well-trained and responsible X-ray Technicians.
We’d love to meet you and find out if there’s a great fit on both ends. Even if you have questions about the process, admissions or the career as a whole — we’re still here. There’s no high-pressure admissions here. Instead, we want to make sure you’re as educated about your future as possible. We offer new X-ray Technician classes in Orange County about every other month. However, because we keep our class sizes small, they do tend to fill up quickly!
Give our friendly and helpful Admissions Advisor a call or shoot us your contact info. We’d love to walk you through the program and clinical internship. We’d also love to answer your questions about becoming an X-ray Technician in CA. If you have other goals such as ultimately moving on to becoming a Certified Radiologic Technologist in Califonia, we can help you understand the process there as well. We look forward to meeting you and hopefully helping you become an X-ray Technician in California.
Call Us at 714-418-9100 & Ask for Admissions
Become an X-ray Technician in California
Attend Orange County’s Best X-ray Technician School
Our X-ray Technician Program is All-Inclusive
Modern Technology School is Accredited by the ACCSC
12 Month X-ray Tech Class Begins October 1st!
Our Next X-ray Technician Night Class Starts Jan 14th!
Call Us to Inquire About Financial Aid or the GI Bill
Take a free tour and get in-depth information when you meet with Admissions!
Check us out on Yelp and Follow us on Facebook, Instagram, YouTube, Twitter and Tumblr!